Early Childhood and School Readiness Legislative Commission
The Early Childhood and School Readiness Legislative Commission (ECSRLC) met on September 19, 2017 to discuss possible legislation to bring forward in the 2018 Legislative Session. The members worked with Legislative Council to draft 5 bills, which they will review and vote to move forward on November 1, 2017.
- Bill 1: Counting Pupils in Kindergarten & Twelfth Grade
- Bill 1 - fiscal note
- Bill 2: Align Early Childhood Quality Improvement Programs
- Bill 2 - fiscal note
- Bill 3: Substitute Placement Agency Licensure
- Bill 3 - fiscal note
- Bill 4: Extend Repeal Early Childhood Legislative Commn
- Bill 4 - fiscal note
- Bill 5: Use of Colorado Preschool Program Positions
- Bill 5 - fiscal note
The ECSRLC will meet on November 1, 2017 from 9:30-11:30am and 2:00-4:00pm to consider amendments and vote to move these 5 bills forward.
- Senator Kevin Priola, Chair
- Representative Janet Buckner, Vice Chair
- Senator Beth Martinez-Humenik
- Senator Michael Merrifield
- Representative Brittany Pettersen
- Representative Jim Wilson
Please note: The Early Childhood Leadership Commission is not endorsing or supporting these draft bills; the ECLC has volunteered to staff the Commission and assist the members in obtaining feedback. If you have any questions, please contact Kristina Mueller at email@example.com or 303-866-5223.